Pros and Cons of Industrial Organic Farming

Have you ever thought about organic farms? If they truly are more healthy for you than the average industrial farm? Well in today’s blog I will hopefully be answering any UN-know questions that you have about the two different types of farming.              

The industrial organic way of farming has its pros and its cons it really all depends on what side of the fence you stand on. The way of industrial organic farming started getting popular back in the 50’s and 60’s during the hippy days. Though it is very popular there are not nearly as many organic farms than there are industrial farms. Mainly for two reasons the first being that is the way that people have been farming since the early 1800’s, and the second because the animals grow a lot faster and cheaper and you can grow more to feed more people.

But organic farming has a lot of pros to it as well and these are all of the pros to organic farming. Organic farms can keep entire ecosystems in check like from the book omnivore’s dilemma all of his animals rely on each other to keep the farm alive and to make an income. The products are healthier and have a lot more nutrition to them than the average super market store. Since organic farmers do not use pesticides all of the produce that is made is all poison- free.

But with every good thing in the world there are always the bad things to it as well. The first con that should come to your mind is that the process to make an animal ready to be butchered takes twice as long on an organic farm. This is a problem because to keep the people in America fed we have to get the meat out as fast as possible. Another major con to organic farming is since the farmers don’t use pesticides there is always the risk that the produce from the farm isn’t clean. When I say clean I mean it could possibly have bacteria and other diseases in it to make a human very ill and could cause death.

Well those are all of the pros and cons for industrial organic foods look for my other blogs in weeks to come.

Websites:

“Pros and cons of organic farming’’ asustainablecity.com. Josh Hawley Nov. 20 2011 Feb. 10 2012

“the Pros and Cons of Organic food” realbuzz.com. n.a. n.d. Feb. 10 2012

10 thoughts on “Pros and Cons of Industrial Organic Farming

1. First hand great blog! it was very informative and I learned more than i had known about organic and industrial, farming. Great job on grammar and spelling! But, your missing a hyperlink and and a picture. Add, those and put your blog over the top! Great writing.

2. After reading this post I learned a lot more about industrial farming. You had some really good facts in your post. I liked how you opened up your post with a question. Overall great job this week!

3. You did a great job on your entering paragraph. I learnt a lot from your blog that I didnt know about industrial organic farming than before like “the products are healthier and have a lot more nutrition to them than the average super market store. Since organic farmers do not use pesticides all of the produce that is made is all poison- free.” Another thing I learnt was ” A major con to organic farming is since the farmers don’t use pesticides there is always the risk that the produce from the farm isn’t clean. When I say clean I mean it could possibly have bacteria and other diseases in it to make a human very ill and could cause death.” Great job and keep it up, dont forget your hyperlink and picture next time.

4. Your article was very well written, and I learned a lot more about organic and industrial farms. I also noticed though that you forgot to include a picture and hyperlink. But besides that great job!

• When you say “well written,” what aspects of the article leave you with this impression? What specifically did you learn?

5. You had a great hook, but you didn’t have a picture or a hyperlink. I also liked how you refrenced the 50′s and 60′s as the hippy days. Other than leaving out a hyperlink and picture you blog was good!